The Electroceramics conference administers the Electroceramics Young Researcher Award (EYRA), in order to honour promising international young researchers in the field of electroceramics. The award consists of a plaque and a check for 1000 € and will be presented bi-annually at the Electroceramics conference. The eligibility, selection criteria, and deadlines are listed below.
- Eligible candidates are young researchers up to 5 years* after their PhD
- Demonstrated excellent scientific achievements in the field of electroceramics (CV, publications, society involvement, patents, etc.)
- noticeable independent research direction after PhD thesis
- Involvement in outreach activities (communication of science to general public)
- Registration and Presentation of a talk/poster at the conference
Note: The award is associated to the Electroceramics conference and will also be presented at the conference. The awardee will therefore be selected among young researchers submitting an abstract to the conference. It is mandatory that the awardee participates at the conference.
*Maternity and Paternity rules follow the ERC eligibility periods. Maternity: 18 months extension for each child born before or after the PhD award. Paternity: extension by the documented time of paternity leave taken until the call deadline for each child born before or after the PhD award.
Application and selection procedure:
Self and other nomination possible (only one nomination per person). Final selection will be done by the Electroceramics International scientific committee.
Required documents (to be sent to: email@example.com):
- Research statement (max. 400 words): What is your view of Electroceramics and your contribution to the field?
- CV, publication list
- One recommendation letter
- conference abstract including submission number
- to be submitted no later than April 20
- submission starts with abstract submission